Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vegan Thai in NKy

When I don't feel well, I like to eat spicy foods. The past few days I have had a sore throat and have just felt awful. I even left work early one day this week to come home and sleep. Needless to say, I didn't feel like cooking this week and Jason took care of many meals. We did decide one night to order out though. We wanted some sort of Chinese or Thai so Jason went online and found what just might be our new favorite restaurant. Mae Ploy Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar is in Highland Heights close to NKU. It actually used to be called Chinatown (and still appears to be as the old Chinatown sign is still hanging up in front) and I used to go there often when I was in college. I had totally forgot this place existed.

We started with fried tofu in a peanut dipping sauce. The sauce appeared to have been made with honey however our server checked and luckily, it was not. This sauce is so good!



Fried Tofu with Peanut Dipping Sauce


 We all had a main entree with tofu and decided to get separate dinners versus sharing because we wanted leftovers. Jason had Pad Thai, Elena had the Mae Ploy noodles which had yellow curry with vegetables and I had the Vegetarian Noodles with no egg.  We shared a little of our dinners and everything was delicious. I am writing this a few days after and Jason ate Elena's leftovers last night. She was not happy when she found out.
Their sushi chef was not there so we could not order from the sushi menu (which looked awesome)  but apparently he is normally there. I highly recommended Mae Ploy for vegans, veggies and everyone else. We will definitely be going back.


Jason's Pad Thai





Elena's Mae Ploy Noodles


 To Finding Local Gems,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment