Monday, February 25, 2013

Magic Cereal Dust Banana Muffins

I know, I know, it has been much too long to go without a post. I feel like my job is getting in the way of my life. If I could have those 40, well actually 45-48 hours back a week, I could get to everything. Ok, so on to bananas. I had 3 bananas that needed attention soon. They were soft and had brown spots so they were begging to be an egg substitute in some sort of baked good.

3 soft, brown bananas

 
I also had a bag of cereal dust that I had been collecting for a few months. Elena loves shredded wheat cereal, the kind of cereal that naturally breaks up into dust at the bottom of the bag. I had almost 1 full cup of the stuff so it was obvious what I had to do.


Almost a full cup of cereal dust


I had to make banana muffins and use the cereal to replace 1 cup of the flour! I added oats and cinnamon to stretch the dust to a full cup. I am not the best person to write down a recipe. I prefer general guidelines for ratios but I will try to include the recipe below...

2 cups flour (OR 1 cup of magical cereal dust and 1 cup flour)
1 cup sugar (vegan of course)
2 or 3 bananas
splash (not the best word) of baking soda
splash (still not right) of salt
splash (works this time) of vanilla extract
shake (more appropriate than splash) of ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup of Earth Balance

Damn, these muffins were delicious!



Magic Cereal Dust Banana Muffins!
 
This is a picture of my Gaga who is not vegan. I hardly ever see her and thought she looked most lovely in this picture so I included her! Love you Gaga. I should take her some muffins!
Coming soon- We had another compassionate cooking class in Yoga Teacher Training. I wanted to get the notes on what we made and the ingredients for this post so it is in the works. I can say that we enjoyed the best lasagna that I have ever had in my life, whole life including my non vegan life. Vegans do not eat bland, tasteless food.


To Muffins For Breakfast (and finding time to work on family's vegan blog),
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment