Friday, October 12, 2012

The Jubilee Food!

There is OMazing food at The World Peace Jubliee! Thursday I enjoyed some of the best food that I have ever tasted. Seriously. At every meal, there were very few conversations however many people exclaiming "wow", "damn" or "this is the best insert any food here I have ever had".  I have to try to recreate the mac and cheese, corn bread, polenta and peanut soup.


The best mac and "cheese" EVER, seriously ever

I spent most of the day helping in the kitchen. I am hoping that I was able to soak up a little of that cooking wonder and apply it at home. I didn't have a chance to take too many pictures but I managed to take a few. I helped cut fruit for a fruit salad, chopped pineapple for smoothies and made big batches of coleslaw among other things.  I left my kitchen duties for a few hours to assist in a cooking class. Christy Morgan or The Blissful Chef  was teaching a cooking class making smoothies, pumpkin pancakes and tempeh bacon. I assisted in passing out samples, taking pictures and assisting in clean up. I am volunteering again tomorrow and I am almost sad that I will not be in the kitchen. I will be in the Boutique. If are fortunate enough to be coming to The Jubilee, stop in and say hi (or bring me some lunch ;).

Roasted cauliflower with fennel (SO GOOD)


I have to go to bed early so I maybe can get a piece of that cinnamon coffeecake before I start working!


Good night,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment